Nancy Johnson focuses her commercial law practice on commercial and residential development and real estate transactions, lending transactions, incorporation, corporate reorganizations and business agreements.
Nancy is active in both the profession and the community. She is currently Chair of the Real Estate Committee of the County of Carleton Law Association. She has taught in the Business Law and Real Estate Sections of the Bar Admission Course and has participated as Chair and speaker at Continuing Legal Education seminars. She has held various positions as Trustee, Secretary and Treasurer of the County of Carleton Law Association, was a member of the Area Legal Aid Committee for over 20 years, and was a past Director and Treasurer of the Sir Thomas More Lawyer's Guild.
She was Chair of the National Capital Region YMCA-YWCA and remains a member of the finance and audit committee. She was formerly a Director of the Ottawa Economic Development Corporation and Chair of its Government Affairs Committee as well as a Director of the Ottawa Chamber of Commerce, and the Co-Chair of the Nominating Committee for the Business Achievement Awards for many years.
She is an elder at St Andrew's Presbyterian Church of Ottawa and a member of its Personnel Advisory Committee.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial and Residential Development and Real Estate Transactions
- Lending Transactions
- Corporate Reorganizations and Business Agreements
- Osgoode Hall Law School, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Carleton University
- Business Law and Real Estate Sections of the Bar Admission Course
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Member
- National Capital Region YMCA-YWCA, Chair
- Real Estate Committee of the County of Carleton Law Association, Chair
- County of Carleton Law Association, Trustee
- County of Carleton Law Association, Secretary
- County of Carleton Law Association, Treasurer
- Area Legal Aid Committee, Member
- Sir Thomas More Lawyer's Guild, Director and Treasurer
- Ottawa Economic Development Corporation, Director
- Government Affairs Committee, Chair
- Ottawa Chamber of Commerce, Director
- Nominating Committee for the Business Achievement Awards, Co-Chair